The new XC-72 pushes its classic sources of inspiration even further into unexplored territory, with a time-bending design inspired by the speculative technological optimism of 1970s concept cars. Three distinctive traction outsole patterns and angular features are employed to give the familiar low-cut sleekness of the era’s running shoes an aggressive, experimental edge. The XC-72 is the future that the past dreamed about, come to life.
Meets New Balance’s green leaf standard: upper is made of 50% or more recycled content, and/or leather that supports more responsible manufacturing through the Leather Working Group, and at least one midsole/outsole material contains a minimum of 3% bio-based or 5% recycled content.
- Vertically split outsole features two hard ground traction designs the XC15’s ‘gripper’ and the 375’s studded pattern
- Stability heel clip featuring the 620s herringbone outsole pattern
- Suede upper with recycled content in logo, lace and lining. Vamp features textile with TENCEL™ Lyocell fibers derived from renewable wood sources.
- Single layer microfiber tongue
- Squared toe shape inspired by 1970s concept car designs